Wednesday 26 March 2014

Review: Muppets Most Wanted (2014)

Oh boy, I really loved the 2011 Muppets movie. Greatest Valentine's Day ever that was, sat with my better half in the cinema full of parents and children. We were the only ones who fangirled/fanboyed at Jim Parson's cameo, and the only way we can do any housework effectively is if we blast 'We Built This City' out of our phones. So needless to say, I was mega excited to see Muppets Most Wanted.


I knew it wouldn't be as good as the previous one. Heck, even Disney knew, they even told us in the first 5 minutes of the film that this one wouldn't be as good! Sadly, it wasn't as good, but it still had that Muppet charm that you expect from them. The songs were frequent, and they were funny, and it was great fun trying to spot all of the cameos. My favourites were Tom Hiddleston as The Great Escapo, and Usher, as an usher!

The only thing that I think really let this film down was that there was too much emphasis on the human characters, Ricky Gervais in particular. Kermit and Constantine should have been the stars of this film, but I felt they were pushed back a little too much. The songs weren't quite as good either, it felt like they were created for the sake of having songs in the film, rather than to add to the storyline and its humour.

The clip below though sums up the greatest part of a Muppet movie:



My verdict? You should definitely see this film, it's worth it. There's also a great short before the film from Monsters University, which was really funny! I'm torn between a 7 or an 8 for this film, I would really love to give a 7.5 but Jenna wouldn't allow that. So from me, it's a 7.



No comments:

Post a Comment