Sunday 23 March 2014

Top 10 Film Quotes (Allie)

Me and Jenna are planning a lot of 'Top 10' lists for this blog, in fact, we even have a list of the different lists we want to do! We're starting off with Film Quotes. Now, this was a lot harder to write than I thought it would be. The films themselves were easy, these are some of my favourites. The problem was chosing a single quote, for a couple of these I had up to 5 quotes each!

Anyway, I whittled them down, and here is my Top 10...

10. "It's your job to know these things." The Change-Up (2011)

Okay, so not the most memorable moment from this film, but I use this quote so much now I actually had to try and remember where it came from. Sadly I couldn't find a clip of it, so have this funny moment below instead.



9. "To the windows, to the walls..." The Proposal (2009) 

Oh man...this scene! Excuse me for not typing out the whole quote. One of my favourite guilty pleasure films, and I could watch this clip for days and never get bored of it.



8. "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!" Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)

This was one of the films that I had 5 quotes noted down for. I wish I could just quote you the whole film! If you've never seen any of the Monty Python films (I'm looking at you Jenna) then you'll either love or hate them. Me and my Dad will watch these and cry from laughter, whereas my Mum just doesn't get it at all.




7. "You hear that? It's the winds of change..." Monsters Inc (2001)

Again, maybe not the most memorable quote from this film, but me and my brother, 13 years later, still quote it all the time and find it hilarious. Plus, Randall is my fave!



6. "I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you." Taken (2008)

Oh man, hasn't this got to be one of the greatest quotes of all time? Liam Neeson is just such a badass, and that voice could put the fear of God into anyone!



5. "Remember that you were loved by me, and you made my life a happy one. And there's no tragedy in that." Third Star (2010)

Not a film many people will have even heard of, but I watched it on one of my Benedict Cumberbatch binges. This whole film was a giant kick in the feelings, and I'll remember this quote forever. If you fancy watching the film, don't watch the clip below. It's more of a fan-made compilation, and filled with spoilers.



4. "Who's...the...moosiest moose we know? Marty Moose!" National Lampoon's Vacation (1983)

My childhood film! In fact, my whole family's childhood film...I can't even remember how many times we all watched it but from my little brother, to my parents, to my aunt and uncle, to my grandparents, we all know every word to this song. Should I be bragging about that?



3. "Stop breaking the law a$$hole!" Liar Liar (1997)

I love this film so much. In fact, I love Jim Carrey so much! This is another of my favourite films from when I was younger, and I was torn between this quote or the moment he made an origami goose in the courtroom, which I think was actually a blooper at the end?



2. "Now if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed, before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed, or worse, expelled." Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (2001)

Harry Potter just had to make it into this list somewhere of course. The problem is, there's a whole lot of films in that series and a scroll full of quotes to choose from! My family always told me I was just like Hermione though (insulted?) so I had to go with my favourite quote from her.



1. " When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." Love Actually (2003)

Here it is! I've had quite a few funny quotes in my top 10 so I had to finish on something beautiful didn't I? I watch this film every year and I love it more every time I watch it.



So there you have it, my Top 10 quotes. How many are your favourites too? Which quotes would you include in your Top 10?

No comments:

Post a Comment