Thursday 1 May 2014

Looking Forward to in the Cinema this Month, May 2014

Okay, I was polite last month and let Jenna have Spider-Man. It was a pretty slow month for film releases to be honest, I haven't seen Transcendence yet and I'm not even sure if I want to now I've heard so much about Locke. My point being that I'm going to get in there first this time! Haha! Can't argue with that...

There's actually a whole load of things I want to see this month. Bad Neighbours, X-Men and A Million Ways to Die in the West are but a few. What I'm really looking forward to though is Godzilla. I am so glad you said that, I thought you were going to take X-Men and my heart broke a little!! Sorry carry on...


There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be epic. I'm going to see this at the Giant Screen in Birmingham, tickets will have gone on sale by the time you read this and I'll have booked mine too! I saw Pacific Rim there last year, and despite what some people may say about that film, you can't deny the sheer awesomeness of that screen!
Cue another gasp of disbelief but I never saw the original Godzilla. I err, kind of get the gist though. Watch this space because I'll be reviewing this very soon! My dad LOVES this film but I wasn't all that impressed.  It's not bad just could have been better.
If you've been living under a rock for the past couple of months and haven't seen the trailer yet, here it is in all its glory.


 
 
Thankfully, mine is X-Men: Days of Future Past, I am HUGE fan of the X-Men movies (except The Wolverine but lets not get into that here - wise!) and I have been looking forward this one for years.  When I found out there was a full panel of all the cast at Comic Con last year (where I was supposed to be but wasn't) I was distraught.  Watching it on YouTube wasn't the same!  So, Jennifer Lawrence is one of my favourite actresses right now and who doesn't love Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen, only for this photo:
 

If that's not enough then you have the rest of this stellar cast to look forward to:


How can we not be excited.  Although, I am a little concerned about the confusion element (to be fair the title confused me alone) and after watching Singer's work on The Usual Suspects, I'm not holding out much hope for understanding what the heck is going on - but hey that's what the second viewing is for! This is going to be a headache for me, I only understood 1 out of 4 Pirates of the Caribbean films so I don't stand a chance!

Here is the trailer in case you missed it:


What films are you most looking forward to in May??

No comments:

Post a Comment