Thursday 1 December 2016

Looking Forward to Seeing at the Cinema: December 2016

Even though the nights are dark, it’s freezing cold, and my Christmas tree is up, I can’t quite believe this is the last ‘Looking Forward’ post of 2016! Where have you gone, year?! After a record number of cinema trips in November (I actually made it once a week) I’m preparing to inevitably fall off the wagon, probably because I’m nearly done Christmas shopping and am now poor.


Anyway, my choice for December was already decided 12 months ago, so before I gush about Rogue One I thought it might be fun to look back at what my choices from the rest of the year were!

January: The Big Short - I started off well and saw this at the cinema. Little did I know how much I would be blown away by Spotlight, though.

February: Deadpool - Yaaaaas! Best Valentine’s Day cinema trip ever.

March: Hail, Caesar! - I had 3 planned and cancelled cinema trips for this one. It just wasn’t meant to be…

April: Midnight Special - Such a good movie. Plus, mine and Jenna’s first cinema trip together of the year.

May: Warcraft - My wedding month! Needless to say, I had to wait for the DVD release of this one. Better than I expected, too!

June: The Nice Guys - This came out whilst I was on honeymoon and disappeared quicker than my wedding cake. A shame because I absolutely loved it when I finally got the chance. Still don’t know how nice my wedding cake was, though.

July: Finding Dory - How have I not seen this yet?! Still waiting a DVD release yet. Let’s hope Santa is listening!

August: Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping - We almost watched this on the only bad weather day on honeymoon in June. I had to wait for a UK release instead. Worth every day of the wait!

September: Swiss Army Man - The wait for this was torturous, but worth it in the end. Still the weirdest movie of 2016, if not ever.

October: The Girl on the Train - I never even got round to reviewing this one, because I still don’t know how to feel about it. Kind of wish I’d never read the book and gone in blind.

November: I was greedy last month and picked 4 movies, Nocturnal Animals, Arrival, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Patterson.

Which brings us onto December. This is always a big month for me when it comes to cinema, because my family get together on the weekend before Christmas to see something big at the IMAX. It started with a special screening of The Polar Express back in 2008, and has been a tradition ever since. This year will be slightly different because of work patterns, so we’ll be seeing Rogue One on Boxing Day instead.

rogue-one-december-uk-cinema-krennic

It feels odd to be honest, this has probably been my most anticipated movie of the entire year, but this time last year I’d never even seen the Star Wars movies and was making my way through them all so I’d know what was going on in The Force Awakens. Skip to the present day and my current handbag has a Stromtrooper helmet on!

I’m not going to find a trailer to post in here, because I’ve somehow managed to only see the first proper trailer. I’ve heard a lot of TV Spots have been made but I’d rather see as little as possible! At the moment I’m mostly looking forward to seeing Ben Mendelsohn’s character, Krennic. Did you see him rock up on stage at the European Star Wars convention earlier this year in full costume? Dude knows how to pull off a white cape! I just about stopped myself from buying his Pop! Figure at Birmingham’s Comic Con the other week.

What movie(s) are you looking forward to catching before the year is up? 

3 comments:

  1. My watch list for December is Rogue One, Paterson, Jackie, Nocturnal Animals, Manchester By The Sea, Patterson, American Honey, and Captain Fantastic (the latter which I have at home from Netflix now)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna see The Avengers team up with the Elite Force on
      Disney XD.

      Delete
  2. This is beneficial, especially for potential employers who may want to conduct a background check on you.

    Facebook Bellen

    ReplyDelete